Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Santa Claus is gunning you down.

In the song the 12 days of Christmas. On the first day you get a partridge in a pear tree, quite a nice gift for the first day. However on the second day you get the 2 turtle doves and the partridge in the pear tree. So you got one partridge and tree on the first day, and then on the second day you get another one. So by the time Christmas actually arrives one would have received:

12 partridges and 12 pear trees (Obviously assuming you had an orchard to put said trees in).
22 Turtle Doves
30 French Hens (Assuming they lay 4 eggs a day, thats a lot of omlettes to be eating)
36 Calling Birds
40 Gold Rings (Thats 2 for every digit)
42 Geese Laying (Quite a coincidence for all 42 to be laying at once I know but not outside the realms of possibility)
42 Swans a Swimming
40 Ladies Dancing
36 Piper Piping
30 Maids a Milking (So that 30 cows as well)
22 Drummers Drumming (Now i am a drummer so I know thats going to be annoying).
12 Lords Leaping all over the place - don't they have castles to do that in.

Now whomever wrote this song obviously had an interest in Ornithology and was a music lover because the unfortunate person whom these princly gifts was bestowed upon has managed to gain 184 birds of varying species and 58 Musicians.

As one can probably tell, I am trying to make myself feel better. I am actually very unhappy because a certain person is in New York. I have to be content with eating the massive breakfast that I intend upon cooking myself every morning from now till next the 22nd of May.


Rob pleased with his breakfast

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You in a dressing grown is a frightening sight, Rob.

I have seen some other descriptions of the 12 days of Christmas. The song is supposed to be about showing one's love for someone. Sending them that much crap is not a sign of love but a sign of rude and raw hatred. The kind of hatred that only Swans get.

Sorry to hear you're missing the missus. She'll be back soon enough and you can Squeek Happily once more.

Top Hat Rob

7:58 AM  
Blogger ChristinaChox said...

Hehe I've never been referred to as someone's 'missus' before, but I guess I can live with it :)Thanks Top Hat Rob.
Eat as many mofo breakfasts as you possibly can because I don't think we have potato waffles in Australia, so you'd better get your fill before you go.
I can't wait to see you and hear you squeak happily!
Love from The Missus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6:59 AM  
Blogger ChristinaChox said...

PS That 12 days of Christmas thing requires far to much mathematical analysis...it's pretty much seizure inducing.
And can you please publish some pictures demonstrating the dignity of interpretive dance?

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home